rnrnI almost got the e46 impounded this evening while I was following the break-in procedure for the new differential in the empty parking lot across the street from my neighborhood. I guess a black car driving around (NOT DRIFTING) in a figure eight for 30 minutes just seemed down-right illegal to several concerned citizens, who called me in to the police. Thankfully, the officer let me off with a severe warning, and allowed me to go park the car back in my garage… where it stays 99% of the time (the other 1% being when it goes on the trailer to be taken to the track).rnrnI was pretty upset that people felt like I was doing something wrong, and called the police about it. I mean… in the grand scheme of things, that car was on it’s best behavior compared to what it is normally doing. Ol’ girl is capable far worse things that would probably give those ‘concerned citizens’ seizures and heart-attacks. Driving between 5-10mph in a figure eight hardly fits the bill to be worthy of concern.
rnrnGreg and I went to see another one of my favorite bands: Municipal Waste. Just like Early Man, the last time they came through Atlanta I was working late and couldn’t catch them. They played an awesome set for a rowdy crowd that included people hanging upside-down from the rafters (and falling straight to the floor onto their heads), and dudes with boogie-boards stage diving and literally ‘crowd surfing’. If that isn’t awesome, I don’t know what is!
rnrnSuch a team effort here. Austin Lawless sourced the new pumpkin via Stricktly German… Matt Foerst got the old unit disassembled, and re-shimmed & installed in the new housing… and David Jones & Wes Pitts dropped by to help get the pumpkin bolted back up to the rear subframe! Mega MEGA thanks to all that helped get this mess sorted out! It is too awesome to have this diff back in the car!!!