I finally got my bike up off the floor using a proper storage solution with a Stolmen Bike Rack (via Ikea Hacker). I bought all the pieces to do this months ago, but just now got down to brass tacks with it. I couldn\’t find any 20x20mm aluminum stock anywhere, so I ended up cutting up an ol\’ car-mount for a video camera I had lying around that utilized the same square tubing. I wanted the bike to sit completely parallel to the wall, but I found that if I mounted everything just right (slightly off-center, with the bike at a slight angle) I could retain full swing of both doors. I\’m sure if I ever build a second bike up (trick bike?) it will end up on here as well… but for now it makes a good place to keep my bag/lock/helmet.
I\’m definitely excited how this turned out… and best of all – no more scuff marks on the walls from the tyres and handlebars!
A short clip I made while experimenting with averaging track points in After Effects to create solid, precise tracks. In the past when I have motion tracked… it always seems slightly off. I have now learned that if you track several times over, and average that data together – you get a rock-solid tracking point.
I then created some quick motion-type pieces to follow the these points. It took several layers of compositing to create the illusion of depth caused by things passing in front of one another. I added a light-streak to the back of Tyler\’s light to see if I could match the live video with an object in 3D space (the particle emitter for the light).
This video clip was shot using a Flip Mino HD, which was not the best to try and track with. The motion blur made it incredibly difficult to find solid track points. I\’m sure I will try more of this using my XL-H1.
This was a fun experiment that I learned a great deal from. I\’m excited at some new possibilities that will come of this new workflow.
This logo underwent a TON of revisions. Overall, I\’m quite happy with the symmetry and overall balance of the final iteration.